Monday, November 30

Thank You!

Like many others I was introduced to the concept of Thanksgiving through FRIENDS!
I say thank you quite a few number of times in a day. And after coming to the southern part of the country i have started using this word even more. I take this opportunity to thank all the people who have been around to provide a helping hand at that moment of stress, who have made my day at more than one occassion by that one simple smile, who have unknowingly made a mark on my memory by a sweet, touching gesture.....whom i never got/ get a chance to say thanks....
1. Though I say thanks to the autowallah when i get down (with a smile when he charges by meter/ takes only 10 Rs more than meter reading); i still want to THANK all the autowallahs around, who are honest enough to go by meter, no matter even if they have to take a 2KM long U Turn after dropping me; hence saving my day from a bad start...:)
2. I want to THANK my roomie, for her amazing house keeping abilities...:)
3. I want to THANK all my tech savvy friends for always being there to answer all my stupid technology related questions..:) (Bhatt ji and Prateek need a special mention here)
4. I want to THANK Biniya ji and Raamkali ji (the two maids in Yashodhara Bhavan -my engg hostel), for doing all errands for me, ensuring that i get lunch/ dinner even after the mess is closed, cleaning my cooler at the begining of summers...and filling it n number of times during a hot summer day....making life so simple and easy....and these wnderful women never asked for any money/ anything in kind for doing all this....
5. I want to THANK "Aunty" -our house maid who is the support system of our kitchen back home, who is helping my mum since past 20 odd years, and is genuinly concerned about my mother's health...who makes it a point to work overtime, and even comes at odd hours to ensure if she is fine, on her bad back days.....
6. I want to THANK all those uncles/ aunties whom i request to look after my luggage at various railway stations of the country, while travelling alone...when i have to leave the waiting room/ bench for some imp work....
7. I want to THANK my tailor (for past 10 years)....back home who stitches my clothes (salwaar kameez to be precise) exactly to the given measurements....without making me go back to him for any alterations....[getting a dress stitched nicely gives a diff kind of relief and satisfaction altogether....and all girls wud surely agree to that...:)]
8. I want to THANK all the people on my gtalk list who are night owls like me..:)...to keep me company at those odd hours...:)
9. I want to THANK the driver of an airport bound Volvo, who was kind enough to hand over my baggage at the JB Nagar bus stop office, when i left it in the bus and got down at my stop! (the bag had my wedding related shopping....i was busy talking to a friend over phone, when i forgot to take my bag...)
As i write this post, i realise that i have many many more people to thank, and this one post if surely not enough for it.......
I would soon write another thanks giving post to thank all the people around who have made life better, easier, happier for me...:)
Ok, one name just struck me....and i cant wait for another post for thanking him....i want to THANK Hrishikesh Mukherji for making all the amazing, hilarious movies in the 70's and 80's, which now form a part of my DVD collection...:)

7 people have something to say...:

Abhishek said...

Thanks for such a amazing thanking note....

Unknown said...

U r such a sweethrt.... u r most welcome:-)

Prats said...

Lolllzzzz

to the tailor and maids of yashodhara bhawan... I am sure u gonna poach them when u get married :-P

M said...

You are welcome di ... although I haven't really been able to give you too much company on gtalk the past few weeks :P

Reflections said...

LOL....the 9th thank u was hilarious....but jokes aside I'm also a Thank U freak. My maid used to have this puzzled expression when I used to thank her everyday when she was leaving after work but now she's got used to it;-D

Deepti said...

@reflections true true....read ur maariage posts...good read...:)

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

I liked wht you said about Autowalahs.They charge so much!!

Whenever I go back to Mumbai after travelling for kms when the driver asks just for 50Rs I feel like hugging him.In bangalore u have to shell out not more than 100Rs to travell same distance. :((